Dental Cleaning For Dogs At Home

In Dr Jones’ new video he shows you how to scale your dog’s teeth at home without anesthesia.

P.S. There are a large number of things that you can do to keep your dog or cat’s teeth healthy, potentially avoiding general anesthetic and a veterinary dental

Get it here:

Dental Problems In Dogs And Cats (Video)

Topics: Dog Care, Dog Health | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Dental Cleaning For Dogs At Home”

1. Paulette Brooks Says:
    September 14th, 2016 at 8:05 am

I want to do this, but I can’t control my dog to get into his mouth for this project. Any suggestions on how to train your dog to accept this procedure? He’s two and I already see issues. I give him plenty of bones and I guess they help, but I am concerned. It cost $300 or more for cleaning

2. Fluffy girl Says:
    September 14th, 2016 at 9:08 am

My dog would never be so docile unless he is under anesthetic…you are lucky to get your dog to stay still while you chip away…I am just paying almost $1,500.00 to get my dog’s dental work done!

3. Josephine Testa Says:
    September 14th, 2016 at 9:28 am

Good idea but my Chauncy would never tolerate me doing this. I just started to get hm use to a toothbrush and that took weeks. If it wasn’t for the flavored toothpaste for dogs it would not be easy. Now I can brush his teeth four or five times a week. He has liver problems so anesthetic is out of the question. I give him a raw bone weekly.

4. Lynn Says:
    September 14th, 2016 at 4:11 pm

I am able to do some scaling on my dog’s teeth (australian shepherd)… Like Dr. Andrews says, start small with one tooth, just to get your dog used to it. I am now able to do one side at a time. My dog doesn’t like to chew on bones much so I don’t have the choice and I don’t find that brushing really does the job. Good luck!

5. Lynn Says:
    September 14th, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Oh, and thank you, Dr. Jones for all the helpful videos and your dedication to help us keep our pets healthy!

6. corinne Beuchet Says:
    September 14th, 2016 at 11:22 pm

I use a gel and a regular toothbrush. Your dog must be under influence of something to be so still.
    One of my dog’s tooth broke from giving her bones.
    Some vet says they see a lot of broken teeth because of bones !

Comments