[Ep. 12] How and When to treat a pet abscess

abscess

Welcome to Episode 12 of Dr Jones’ Podcast, ‘Veterinary Secrets’

How and  When to Treat your dog or cat’s abscess at home.

What you can do for your dog or cat diagnosed
with kidney failure.

The amazing benefits of honey, and WHY
you should be using it.

Subscribe Free to Veterinary Secrets Podcast on iTunes

Download_on_iTunes_Badge_US-UK_110x40_1004

Subscribe Free to Veterinary Secrets Podcast on Stitcher

static1.squarespace.com

Download Here: http://www.podbean.com/site/UserDownload/index/bid/734164/url/http%253A%252F%252Fvetsecrets.podbean.com%252Fmf%252Fplay%252F6sn5wc%252Fpodcast12.mp3

Get Veterinary Secrets Podcast on your phone! Open up the internet in your phone, and enter the following URL:

Andrew Jones, DVM

P.S. In the podcast I mention something a little different..If you leave a comment after the podcast, then you could win this:

Smaller Front Cover

Topics: Cat Health, Dog Health, Pet health | 23 Comments »

23 Responses to “[Ep. 12] How and When to treat a pet abscess”

1. Shelly Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 6:15 am

Great info! Thanks for doing these podcasts!
    Shelly

2. Jeff Sacks Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 6:18 am

Extremely helpful and very interesting.

3. Gale Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 6:34 am

Honey and other natural products have benefits vets and big Pharma don’t want you to know.
    The only natural product that is good for people but not for cats and dogs are cranberries, which change dissolving stones to ones requiring surgery
    Keep up the great work. BC doesn’t deserve a vet like you.

4. Karann Luckcuck Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 7:35 am

I love using honey and your recommendations for using natural products. I try to reinforce that with my vet, who at first wasn’t too open to using herbal products but, has since come around.
    “Change is done one at a time”
    Thanks for all your great advice and knowledge.

5. Elsa Torres Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 8:53 am

Super Info!!! Who would think that honey is such a great remedy. I love it, thanks.

6. Diane Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 8:53 am

Hi Gale, I have been giving my 9 yr old cockapoo cranberry juice for her bladder infections and she has bladder stones so did I make it so I can’t get it to dissolve? I have been giving her lemon juice in her food as well as slippery elm and homeopathics. I cannot afford the thousand plus dollars for surgery and rather not put her through that surgery as well.
    Thank you Dr Jones for the great information.

7. Margaret Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 9:43 am

Thank you so much for such valuable information mentioning specific holistic meds for different ailments.
    My one request is that you SPELL the names of the meds and speak a little slower so we can catch all the great advice you give for our pets. Also, please speak slowly when giving dosages so we can clearly hear what is safe to give our pets. You are a real godsend to the pet population, and on their behalf, I salute you!

8. mary Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 9:49 am

Enjoy all the info you have to give. look forward to your podcasts. Manuka honey a great healer. My daughters chihuahua broke her leg. After the vet tried everything could not get it to heal. Finally vet recommended manuka honey and after a few weeks wound healed.Highly recommend I saw it healing with the honey. Thank you for all your advice

9. Lois ottawa Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 10:08 am

As many of us leave Canada and retire to another country (e.g. Mexico), I don’t know what I would do without these podcasts/daily emails. I have three cats and two chow chows –and the money I save not having to pay for a vet visit covers the other pet related things that are much more expensive here. I love my guys and don’t want to ever be in the situation where I wonder if I have sufi ie t money to keep them healthy and me happy! thanks for everything, Lois, Mario, Karlie, Jane, Zena and Min-tope!!!!

10. Todd Nichols Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 10:17 am

I really like the idea of pod casts that way the information is with you,when and if needed at that time.The information that is mentioned is not even mentioned in the vets office.

Todd

11. Scarlett Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 10:52 am

WOW. A lot of information and simple to understand. Although it would be nice to see the names of the medicine since it’s fast paced. Thank you for sharing your knowledge <3.

12. linda Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 11:05 am

Can I give my pet(s) – dogs and cats, honey orally. Or is it only external.

13. Carlos Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 1:03 pm

I had no idea that honey was also beneficial for treating abscesses, what a wonderful treat to have around.
    Please continue the great work, Thanks

14. Michael Cheiron Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Thank you for doing these podcasts they are very informative.

15. Linda Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Wonderful as usual. I so enjoy your podcasts and everything is so informative! Thanks so very much.

16. Wayne LaBeaud Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I am so glad I found you on the web !!! I’ve subscribed for a couple of years now, you webinars as sooo informative and just great. Thanks Doc…thanks thanks thanks !!

17. Kathryn Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Thank you for all your podcasts – they are very helpful!

18. Rissa Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 5:34 pm

I absolutely look forward to your podcasts! they are full of information and fabulous tips. the allergy podcast was a game changer for Bear and I!! THANK YOU for doing these podcast, they rock it!

19. George Says:
    May 8th, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Many thanks for your podcasts! Priceless info to help our “Friends”.

20. Dr Francey Says:
    May 9th, 2015 at 1:32 am

Invaluable advice, comprehensive and specific and a generous sharing of your knowledge. Of course Apis is the female Nux vom and an essential remedy in renal failure. But all Homoeopathic remedies must be used with care and Homoeopathic supervision.

21. Amy Stong Says:
    May 9th, 2015 at 5:37 am

Very valuable information! Thank-you for sharing! 🙂

22. J Says Says:
    May 9th, 2015 at 7:21 am

Thank you so much for this wonderful information. I especially liked learning the benefits of “honey”. Thanks again!

23. Marlene Says:
    May 13th, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Thank you so much for the information in your podcasts. I did not know that honey would treat an abscess. My male cat has many puncture bite wounds in his long life he is 18 years old. I could have saved many vet visits if I had known about your web site earlier. Thanks for great vitamins too. I give them to both my dogs. One American Eskimo is 19 + years old and still able to run and play with the younger dog thanks to your vitamins!
    Marlene