The Not So Happy Birthday

unhappy

Today happens to be my Birthday 🙂

I am 40 something..kind of losing track, I am able to still do the math( a good thing), but choosing not to.

Days such as today are usually happy in a way – I’m not really one for self congratulations etc.., but generally see myself as a positive person.

Until- the dreaded THROBBING tooth.

An aging filling- broken tooth, exposed root, many a needle to freeze it, and then this HOT and COLD sensitivity which ain’t going away.

Currently feeling sorry for myself, regretting that bite of COOOOOOLD ice cream.

My little rant.

Brush your teeth- and your pet’s teeth.

Pain control is a good thing.

A good single malt Scotch is NOT only a great Birthday gift, it is also most beneficial for a sore mouth.

Check out the 70’s pic.

Little Andrew

Topics: Personal | 28 Comments »

28 Responses to “The Not So Happy Birthday”

1. Bob T Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I know your pain, I was there about 40 years ago. I still don’t keep up with the math, (BTW, I have a math & business major). It doesn’t get any easier as the years go by, but you learn to accept the setbacks, do your best, keep smiling and carry on. It makes the burden a whole lot lighter. My “baby” is about your age, going through a nasty divorce and still keeps on “trucking”. My guess is, you can too. Just keep looking at the bright side. You have this site and a lot of followers, and that is something to be proud and happy about. So, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”

2. Micki Jablonski Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Best wishes for a pain-free Happy Birthday and great year ahead!

3. Carmen Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Don’t worry you are still a young man 🙂 with LONG legs!!! LOL Happy Birthday, Doc. You are still the greatest!

4. Christine Poore Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Happy Birthday wishes! A good natural remedy for tooth pain that worked for me is to bite on a whole clove.

5. Maggie Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your pain, that’s for sure not a nice birthday present. Hope you feel better soon and happy Birthday and all the best. Take care. May you have a wonderful year ahead.
    Kind regards,
    Maggie

6. Argel Lobo Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Happy, happy birthday Dr. Jones!

Please go to your dentist as soon as tomorrow morning, if possible. No need to suffer from an aching tooth. Have a professional look at it and solve that problem now, please.

7. Kim Kapes Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 6:47 pm

We share the same birthday. I’m closer to the side of 50 then the 40 but I do hope you managed to enjoy some of the day. Keep up the good work!

8. Diana Celiz Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Dr. Jones:

I wish you have had a great and Happy Birthday with family and friends, also wish you get well soon !!!.
    May God bless you always because you are an amazing doctor and human being.

Cheers from Mexico,
    Diana

9. Angie Cook Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Happy Birthday! Sorry about your tooth. I enjoyed the 70’s photograph of your cat and you.

10. Michelle wood Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Awe, Happy Happy Birthday, everyone deserves at least one person to wish the a Happy Birthday.

You should always celebrate the day you were brought into this world. Nothing ever should be un-happy about that. Everyone has a purpose, and you my friend have a greater calling and have your whole life. You have fought thru many adversities and are still standing and helping and teaching the people who are in charge of God’s greatest creatures big and small.

If every animal could talk they too, would be wishing you and thanking you, for being born.

11. Jackie Daniel Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Poor you, what a way to spend your Birthday, Hope the year ahead is better!

12. Diane Bester Says:
    August 28th, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Dr. Jones

HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH SWEET SURPRISES, LOTS OF PET KISSES AND GIFTS OF GRATITUDE AND LOVE.
    AND REMEMBER LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY!.
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU DO!

Hugs from a sunny South Africa
    Di

13. Lynn Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 12:05 am

Happy birthday!

14. Adriana Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 12:10 am

La multi ani! Or: Happy birthday! Enjoy every step of the way and listen a piece of good music! Adriana, Bucure?ti, Romania

15. Billi Taylor Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 12:22 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR INTERNET VET, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
    yes cloves are a natural helper for teeth is all I know, plus get some serious pain meds which you probably have laying around hopefully! & get to the dentist to get a root canal & crown. Definitely not just dentine exposed from worn enamel? No. Probably what you said. Hope you feel better soon! No fun on your Bday to have bad pain! At least you can get to a vet on Friday, here its Saturday tomorrow. Yes thanks for telling it how you find it. Bye from Brindy my dog who had his teeth cleaned at 7 1/2, & had daily home cleaning 2-3 x a day for 6 months before that! But he won’t allow it any more. So just raw meat & bones He’ll be fine hopefully!

16. Candy Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 12:59 am

Happy Birthday!!!

Sorry for your bad day. Tomorrow will be much better!

Candy

17. Barbara Hovey Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 4:45 am

Dr. Jones, Sorry you are experiencing tooth pain, not good.I hope you can enjoy your Birthday anyhow. Very much enjoying your book Veterinary Secrets on my Kindle.

Take care,
    Barbara

18. Melania Pereira de Farias Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 4:54 am

Happy birthday Doctor Andrew!
    You really desserve to have one. Forget mentally your sore tooth and have a diferente and marvelous day. You can control the pain, you know you can. Tomorrow go the dentist’s and have a serious dental examination. You are very much beloved by your followers.
    From Brazil
    Melania

19. Wanda Jocke Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 5:52 am

Hope you feel better soon.

20. Jennifer Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 6:21 am

you should try oil pulling and water pik with clove. i completely avoided the dentist with a significant cavity that has filled in. quite amazing how the body works, when giving the proper support. good luck

21. Tina Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 6:57 am

Good Morning Dr.Jones, Hope you feel better today, and A Happy Late Birthday,

Gods Blessing,

Tina and Dogs

22. Cheryl Wilson Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 7:51 am

Wishing you a great birthday Dr. Jones, and thank you so much for all you do. I have taken a more holistic approach to my own health in the last 10 years, (I’m 68 by the way) and I see myself being in so much better health than some of my friends my age. I love your new book. I received it some weeks ago and have already put it into use for my Parson Russell, Gus. He was being a bit lethargic so I took him to a canine-equine chiropractor and he is so much more energetic and happy since I have had him adjusted. The chiropractor, Dr. Rick Kauffman, developed the curriculum for adjusting animals at Parker Chiropractic college in Dallas and taught there for a while. His theories and practices are amazing and so very practical. You are so right, chiropractic for Gus is exactly what he needed.

23. Deirdre Mc Creanor Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Happy Birthday…Remember age is just a number…I hope you get your tooth sorted soon…Nothing as painful…XX

24. Arlene Jones Says:
    August 29th, 2014 at 11:20 am

Happy Birthday, a day late. You might try switching to sensitive toothpaste. For some strange reason it actually does help with the sensitivity and will only cost the price of a tube of toothpaste. Worth a try. 🙂 Hope it gets better soon.

25. Dr. Bert Says:
    August 30th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

There are many remedies for toothache out there and I’ve tried them all, as I have been plagued with dental problems my whole life, which is getting kinda long…. but I finally found a formula that does the trick for pain. It doesn’t fix the problem – you need a dentist for that – but it gets you through some really painful days until you can get in. Here it is: Tea tree oil, peppermint oil, tinctures of echinacea, bayberry, oak bark and cayenne. I don’t know the proportions. I had this formulated by an herbalist. It’s the only thing I’ve found that really works…always. Good luck and happy birthday, youngster!

26. Dr. Bert Says:
    August 30th, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I almost forgot an important part of this remedy! It’s called How to Use It! Just put an eyedropperful into a small glass or cup with about 2 Tablespoons of warm water, then swish for a few minutes and spit! Don’t swallow the liquid. It’s not toxic, but it’s not tasty.

27. Doni Ulman Says:
    September 1st, 2014 at 12:59 pm

WANT TO WISH YOU A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU’RE ONLY AS OLD AS YOU WANT TO FEEL…..STAY YOUNG AT HEART AND YOUNG OF MIND AND YOU WILL BE YOUNG ALWAYS….. HAVE A GREAT DAY AND MANY MANY MORE….

28. dianne jacobson Says:
    September 1st, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Hey Belated Happy Birthday from the Prairies. My little lab has been on your supplement and is doing great…she is 12. Maybe I should be on it also. I will be on time next year. xxoo

Comments