Dog Ear Hair: To Pull Or Not To Pull?

Should You be Pulling The Hair From Your Dog’s Ear?

Some Vets say YES..Some NO..

This is what Dr Jones thinks.

P.S. Please Leave a comment..

Topics: Dog Care, Dog Health, Pet Care | 19 Comments »

19 Responses to “Dog Ear Hair: To Pull Or Not To Pull?”

1. Elsie J Odom Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 5:56 am

Very good instructions to treat dog ear infections.

2. jennifer bilsbarrow Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 8:16 am

great information, will try the apple cider/green tea out

3. PennyH Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 8:34 am

My girls have never had ear problems (currently 3 schnauzers – 1 schnauzer & 1 yorkie in the past). My vet once grabbed my Misty’s ear fur and started plucking it out – it looked like it hurt and she bled some. I do NOT pluck their ear fur. I do trim around and in their ears. I find that if it gets too long in there – it collects wax and dirt, also find that it gets irritating in there and must tickle or something – so I trim it when I trim them (their toes, beards, or brows).

4. Birgit Schulze Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 8:42 am

Very interesting in the option of using apple cider vinegar and green tea!!

5. Nancy A Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 8:52 am

2 easy, and cheap, solutions for people with dogs that get ear infections. Thanks, Dr. Jones!

6. Victoria Solorzano Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 9:08 am

Thank you Dr Jones as always for such an informative and inexpensive way to treat your furry loved ones. I pluck the hairs of my 2 yorkies because I was told that the over growth of hair was and could continue to be a cause of ear infections. I believed it cause I trusted the to care for my fur babies and cause I didn’t know better. I thank you for your videos for they have saved me not only financially but the headache of their beliefs. Hope all is well with you and your loved ones and may God bless you all abundantly

7. PoshPersians Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 11:20 am

Exellent videos and information … Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us.

8. Mark Ancevic Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 11:32 am

Excellent video on dog ear care.
    Have a blast in Mexico!!

9. Andrea Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Vet told me years ago that my Giant Schnauzer’s ear hair grows down into canal so I needed to be diligent about plucking it. He’s always shaking his ears & scratching. I’m going to try your recommendations. Thank you for the advice!

10. Jeannie Says:
    April 4th, 2018 at 8:13 pm

I’ve been told wrong, after watching your Vidio. I plan on following your advice on my two precious Yorkies

11. Karen Says:
    April 6th, 2018 at 12:55 am

Thank you so much for your books ,free videos and e-books, it’s refreshing to know that we have you to help us with our family members (Pets) that we love so much. I’m going to try that mixture of apple cider vinegar and green tea if my babies ever get yeast in their ears . I look forward to getting more natural remedies!

12. Maria Kucyna Says:
    August 21st, 2018 at 7:16 am

My groomer has been plucking my maltese/westie terrier’s ears as part of her grooming process. My dog has never had an ear infection. The question is being that she has had it done, can I advise my groomer not to anymore? I know your video said that once you start you shouldn’t stop? Please advise. Thank you.

13. Jonn Mumford Says:
    August 21st, 2018 at 8:31 am

Very Good I never fail to learn something when you advise. Thank you

14. Chrissy Bowers Says:
    August 21st, 2018 at 8:42 am

Having groomed dogs for 38 yrs, I have found such disasterous conditions in ears that are full of hair. I’ve pulled literal rocks of solid wax out of an ear where the hair had never been pulled. I think the problem comes in when a groomer grabs the whole was and twists it out with hemostats. I trim the hair first then ONLY grab the tuft that goes completely down to the base of the canal. If you have an active dog that goes in the water, woods, etc., keeping the ear free of hair is essential to finding ticks and allowing the ear to dry properly. Too much ear hair isn’t so much a normal occurrence and we do need to address the side effects from breeding designer dogs. Really love your content! I’m a big proponent of the way you do most everything. Thanks for all you do!

15. Chrissy Bowers Says:
    August 21st, 2018 at 8:45 am

Having groomed dogs for 28 yrs, I have found such disasterous conditions in ears that are full of hair. I’ve pulled literal rocks of solid wax out of an ear where the hair had never been pulled. I think the problem comes in when a groomer grabs the whole wad and twists it out with hemostats. I trim the hair first then ONLY grab the tuft that goes completely down to the base of the canal. If you have an active dog that goes in the water, woods, etc., keeping the ear free of hair is essential to finding ticks and allowing the ear to dry properly. Too much ear hair isn’t so much a normal occurrence and we do need to address the side effects from breeding designer dogs. Really love your content! I’m a big proponent of the way you do most everything. Thanks for all you do!

16. Dorothy Tragesser Says:
    August 21st, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Enjoyed your presentation and will definately try the apple cider & green tea for the ears.

Thanks

17. Diane Shea Says:
    August 21st, 2018 at 6:38 pm

Interesting topic, I was told that my schnauzers ear hair should always be pulled. This didn’t sit right with me, it hurt her & made her not like the groomer. Now they trim with a scissor. Much better ?

18. Dee Says:
    August 22nd, 2018 at 10:33 am

Ear problems, allergies, yeast – common vaccine damage as are auto-immune diseases. God made them perfect, we leave them alone and stop all “man-made and man-caused” things, including vaccines which are all toxic poisons. Feeding an organic raw diet resolves the yeast problems and also is a tremendous help with allergies. We don’t pull ear hair and don’t express anal glands either – haven’t had any problems with doing this for our last 2 generations of dogs.

19. Margaret Caffrey Says:
    August 22nd, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Being close to the ocean, because of the salt in the air, can quell Allergies …. M.

Comments